Texture Analysis SolutionsPotato Firmness for Dicing and Cooking Profile
- Reproducible quality selection check after processing salad potatoes prior to final product packaging
- Repeatable test method to grade incoming supplier raw ingredients by software-controlled texture analyzer
- Industry-standard compression-shear fixture for bulk sample analysis of overall firmness and stickiness
- Quantified hardness and adhesiveness texture to optimise cooking profile and dicing parameters
Ready-prepared salad manufacturer required simple and reproducible method of measuring the texture of diced potato used in the production of chilled salad.
Variation in texture and consistency of cooked potato from internal and external suppliers. Potato was either too hard and icy or too soft and crumbly.
Kramer shear cell was used to measure representative sample from each batch of potato.
- High and low tolerances established in conjunction with sensory analysis
- Cooking optimised between suppliers and variety
- Quality standards set for good and bad product
- Consistent production
- Reduced customer complaints due to under or overcooked potato