The TMS lightweight three-point bend is a medium scale fixture used to snap, bend and measure the flexure properties of brittle foods such as biscuits, potato chips and vegetable crudités.
The principle component of the fixture is a 120 mm adjustable span support plate which fits directly to the “T” slots on the TMS base.
This plate is constructed from anodized aluminium and comprises of two adjustable 60 mm (2.4 in) high support arms, each of which is capped with hard wearing 3 mm diameter stainless steel rods for friction free and damage proof testing.
The support arms are held in place via a stainless steel locking bar and hex screw, which gives maximum freedom of configuration. A top blade type assembly, also with a 3 mm diameter stainless steel rod, completes the fixture and is used to travel down and snap samples positioned on the support arms.
- Crispness of vegetable crudités
- Break strength of chocolate bars to predict transport damage
- Crispness in staling of potato chips
- Brittleness and hardness of hard baked biscuits
- Flexure and softness of American style cookies
- Freshness of asparagus spears
- Brittleness and flexure of spaghetti and lasagne sheets
- Snap force of tablets
- Break strength of tortilla shells
- Softening in celery stalks
Contents and summary
|432-248||TMS LIGHT WEIGHT THREE-POINT BEND
Mid-scale three point bend assembly with 60mm high arms and 120mm support span. Ideal for most snapping applications including cookies, crackers and snack foods. Recommend for use with 'S' beam type load cells and forces are below 1000N.